Edit Permission Inheritance
- Cloud Migration Assistance
Allow edit permission to inherit to all child pages if needed
Simple user interface
Users with the right to set permissions can turn on an edit permission inheritance on each page by clicking on the symbol with the three locks. They can also define options for the inheritance if needed.
Cascaded inheritances allow a maximum level of flexibility. Just define another edit permission inheritance on a lower level in case the branch needs a different set of permissions.
Automatic handling of pages added or moved in
The app handles pages added or moved in automatically. They get the same set of edit permissions as the closest page holding the edit permission inheritance.
Edit Permission Inheritance provides an easy way to inherit edit permissions to all child pages:
- Turn on edit permission inheritance on every parent page you need.
- Define lower level edit permission inheritances on child pages if a branch needs different edit permissions.
- You still have the freedom to change edit permissions on each page (depending on the mode additional edit permissions might be removed when you re-apply the edit permission inheritance).
- Select additional options for the inheritance like "always grant and edit permission to the creator".
Please note that the app does not add an additional permission layer. It basically copies the edit permissions to all child pages and handles pages added or moved in accordingly.
Privacy and security
Edit Permission Inheritance integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Act on a user's behalf, even when the user is offline
- Delete data from the host application
- Write data to the host application
- Read data from the host application