Atom Publishing Protocol Plugin
The Atom Publishing Protocol (APP) is an application-level protocol for publishing and editing Web resources. The protocol is based on HTTP transfer of Atom-formatted representations. The Atom format is documented in the Atom Syndication Format RFC4287.
The Atom Publishing Protocol uses HTTP methods to author Member
Resources as follows:
- GET is used to retrieve a representation of a known resource. ( currently the plugin supports pages and news )
- POST is used to create a new, dynamically-named, resource.
the client submits non-Atom-Entry representations to a Collection
for creation, two resources are always created - a Media Entry for
the requested resource, and a Media Link Entry for metadata (in
Atom Entry format) about the resource.
- PUT is used to update a known resource.
- DELETE is used to remove a known resource.
This plugin makes confluence content available via the atom
publishing protocol - http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/atompub-charter.html
APP is emerging as the leading content publishing api and there are a host of clients on the way.
There are no additional screenshots.
Basic support resources are available for this app.
Version 0.2 • Confluence Server 2.4.5 - 2.10.4 • Released 2007-05-12
Released on 2007-05-12
- Log into your Confluence instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Atom Publishing Protocol Plugin via search. Results include app versions compatible with your Confluence instance.
- Click Install to download and install your app.
- You're all set! Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.