Personalized roles for your Jira components
Personalized roles for your Jira components
Define an infinite number of roles and assign them to different Jira users for your Components, complete with color-coding for better visibility. Assign permission schemes to roles for maximum security and transparency.
Only users with a specific role can perform certain workflow steps. Features automatic validation, so no matter the number of roles, you will not be lost in your setup.
Automatic assignee changes for tasks inside a component to specific roles. Now your Jira issues are distributed across users automatically!
Jira components are a great mechanism that lets you arrange your issues. However, they lack flexibility – each component can only have a single leader. There’s just no automatic, convenient workflow on the component level. Until now, that is.
Component roles lets you define your own custom types of component roles. Introduce a clear-cut hierarchy and assign different permission schemes, all separately for each Component.
What’s more, you can tie each role into different transition functions, like changing the assignee of issues inside a component automatically. You can even create a workflow based on component roles. Things will update on their own, and you can focus on the critical part: your actual work. The tools now work on their own.
Also check out our BigPicture Project Portfolio Management solution.
|10 users$10||25 users$120||50 users$220||100 users$400||250 users$800||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. Licenses are perpetual and the purchase price include 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your host product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your host product. For Jira Server 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (50 users) and Jira Service Desk (10 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 50-user tier for apps. For versions of Jira Server prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.Note: While this app has features specific to Jira Service Desk, the app is technically available across the whole Jira instance. Therefore the above guidelines for the license tier still apply.
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses?
For server apps, purchase and renewal is half-price if you have an academic license for your Atlassian host product. Server apps are always free for community and open-source licenses.
For more details about qualifying for special licenses, see here.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian host product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
SoftwarePlant is an Atlassian Verified vendor, committed to providing support for their apps at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Version 1.1.0 • Jira Server 7.0.0 - 7.5.3 • Released 2016-03-24
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Role Extensions via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Role Extensions. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Role Extensions begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
To find older Role Extensions versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.