Simplify your SVN to Git migration: import and mirror SVN repositories to Git directly within the Bitbucket UI
With SVN Mirror Add-On one may approach SVN to Git migration with baby steps - follow these instructions to mirror existing SVN repository to Git and let your team use both repositories as long as needed.
SVN Mirror Add-On supports all kinds of SVN projects - be it one with years of branches history or single directory project. Automated configuration will analyze project history and generate proper configuration.
SVN Mirror Add-On conveniently displays all mirrors and imports in progress in a single view, from where one track mirror or import status or go to the mirror configuration editor.
SVN Mirror add-on is the best tool to migrate your company SVN projects to Bitbucket Server!
SVN Mirror add-on allows to create two-way Git mirror repository of existing SVN project or to perform a one-time import from SVN.
Git mirror repository of existing SVN project is the best practice to get SVN to Git migration task done. It is the right thing!
Why is it so? Because:
- Do not change what already works - add-on extends your VCS infrastructure without modifying what already works
- Security and integrity of existing workflows is not compromised by migration
- Users are happy to explore new Git workflow instead of being unhappy by the pressure to switch their VCS overnight
- Migration is performed on the server side and is easy to configure and control
Read on fellow user experience - user story.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your kind words on our product!
Unfortunately, Bitbucket Cloud is rather limited when it comes to extension points, so we're unable to deliver 100% reliable two-way mirror for the cloud version of Bitbucket. Please let us know if import-only functionality would work for you as well, so we raise priority for that on our list.
Semyon Vadishev, Software Developer at TMate Software.
in case SVN Mirror add-on is not marked as "expired" in the Administration | Manage Add-ons and license is listed there, then restarting Bitbucket Server may help. In case restart does not resolve that issue, please send your add-on license id (SEN-L...) to email@example.com.
EDIT: We've released version 3.3.9 of the add-on that address that issue - settings page for non-mirror repositories was not properly updated on license key change. The workaround for version 3.3.8 or older is to close browser page and reopen settings in 10 minutes. Bitbucket Server restart also resolve this issue.
|10 users$10||25 users$490||50 users$990||100 users$3000||250 users$4000||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. Licenses are perpetual and the purchase price include 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your host product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your host product. The app tier should match the licensed user tier of the Atlassian host product. For example, if you have a Confluence Server license for 25 users, you should purchase the 25-user tier for apps. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your host product license, the two licenses should match exactly.
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses?
For server apps, purchase and renewal is half-price if you have an academic license for your Atlassian host product. Server apps are always free for community and open-source licenses.
For more details about qualifying for special licenses, see here.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian host product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
TMate Software is an Atlassian Verified vendor, committed to providing support for their apps at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Version 3.4.0 • Bitbucket Server 4.0.0 - 5.8.0 • Released 2018-02-05
Major stability update; we strongly recommend to upgrade to this version
TMate Software is announcing version 3.4.0 of the SVN Mirror Add-on. This is a major stability update.
- The add-on automatically checks the consistency of all active mirrors and identifies any data losses in Git repositories caused by previous versions of the add-on. See SG-228 for more details.
- If the add-on detects missing revisions in a Git repository, it marks this repository with «out of sync» tag in the mirrors list at Administration | SVN Mirror.
- To recover an «out of sync» mirror, you may either rebuild this mirror at Repository Settings | SVN Mirror | Out of Sync tab or create a new mirror.
- This version gets rid of potential property conflicts when SVN users merge revisions created by the add-on.
We recommend to disable the add-on and restart Bitbucket Server prior to upgrade to this new version if you are upgrading from version 3.3.9 or older.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Log into your Bitbucket instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate SVN Mirror for Bitbucket Server via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for SVN Mirror for Bitbucket Server. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. SVN Mirror for Bitbucket Server begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Bitbucket instance.
To find older SVN Mirror for Bitbucket Server versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.