Visual complexity indicator for easier and better sprint planning based on your team's velocity
Display the real relative size of your backlog items
The Backlog Forecaster adds a visual indicator to the planning view for sprints and backlogs with the real relative size of the items based on story points.
Match the team's velocity with your plan
The measured velocity of previous sprints is a good indicator to get a prediction for the future. The Backlog Forecaster displays that information and informs you if a sprint or backlog is way too small or big.
The Velocity Marker
The Velocity Marker shows visually how many sprints you would need to complete the current backlog or sprint directly within the Forecaster Indicator.
Basic support resources are available for this app.
Version 1.0.2 • Jira Server 7.3.3 - 7.5.4 • Released 2017-09-19
Compatibilty with Jira 7.5.0
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Backlog Forecaster for Jira Software via search. Results include app versions compatible with your Jira instance.
- Click Install to download and install your app.
- You're all set! Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
To find older Backlog Forecaster for Jira Software versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.