Bring your DevOps Assets to Jira and Jira Service Desk
In the pure Jira solution all assets and artifacts are represented as Jira issues of their own type (like server, service, etc.). Issue linking enables relationship management between the types.
With Insight for Jira you can get even better overview and asset link-ability. You can even integrate it with your service desk!
Let ServiceDesk agents add links between tickets and associated assets (e.g. server, packages, services). With Insights for Jira it is even possible to directly let the customer select the asset.
With DevOps Asset Sync for Jira you will never struggle to keep an overview about your virtual machines anymore. Our plugin gathers information from your favourite provisioning tools and saves the information into Jira or Insight. We currently support Ansible, Puppet, Chef, OpenStack, Matrix42, Microsoft Azure and Amazon, with even more to come.
Information like packages, operating system, current IP address(es), RAM, CPU etc. are synced on a regular basis and keeps track of any changes for you. You can easily link those assets in Jira or even have it right in your customer portal with Insight for Jira.
The major advantage is the full traceability which gives you the best lifecycle management and provides a strong ITIL compliance. The assets are syncronized regularly and therefore always show the real state.
ByteSource Technology Consulting GmbH provides support for this app.
Version 1.4.5-BETA • Jira Server 7.1.0 - 7.5.3 • Released 2017-10-09
Compatibility for Jira 7.5.0
- Updated compatibility for Jira 7.5.0
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate DevOps Asset Sync for Jira BETA via search. Results include app versions compatible with your Jira instance.
- Click Install to download and install your app.
- You're all set! Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
To find older DevOps Asset Sync for Jira BETA versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.