Strong Security via 2-factor authentication for CONFLUENCE: efficient but user friendly without any external systems
Ensure limited access for authorized persons only via enhanced security: in addition to the username and password, a registered mobile device will be used each login time to generate a PIN code valid for half a minute.
Based on Atlassian plugin system 2, just install this add-on via Marketplace like others behind the firewall: you do not have to patch anything nor does the add-on needs to communicate to any third-party system.
Based on RFC 6238 the add-on supports different authenticator apps. You decide which authenticator fits your needs and infrastructure. Free authenticators are available for iOS, Android, WindowsPhone and BlackBerry.
The default login for Atlassian tools is based on username and password: this is not a strong authentication as both values can be easily passed/copied to other persons using them in parallel to the owner. A secure login depends on multiple aspects and combine e.g. knowledge with physical gadgets, which cannot be duplicated that easily. If the gadget will be stolen, it is useless without the knowledge aspect. One sample of such a secure login is a 2-factor authentication using user name/password and a mobile device as key code generator resp. authenticator.
ATTENTION: a mobile authenticator is not a barcode reader!
To use strong security, the SYRACOM add-on has to be installed and activated as described in our Administrator's Guide. Furthermore you must have an authenticator app installed on your mobile device. You can use every app which is compliant to the RFC 6238 standard. Please read the Users Guide having listed examples for different mobile phones and operation systems!
|10 users$100||25 users$500||50 users$750||100 users$1000||250 users$1750||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. Licenses are perpetual and the purchase price include 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your host product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your host product. The app tier should match the licensed user tier of the Atlassian host product. For example, if you have a Confluence Server license for 25 users, you should purchase the 25-user tier for apps. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your host product license, the two licenses should match exactly.
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses?
For server apps, purchase and renewal is half-price if you have an academic license for your Atlassian host product. Server apps are always free for community and open-source licenses.
For more details about qualifying for special licenses, see here.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian host product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
syracom consulting AG provides support for this app.
Version 1.2.1 • Confluence Server 5.6.5 - 6.6.1 • Released 2017-06-13
Fix for SL-31: The user got an unknown host exception, if the HTTP forward header contained a list of client IPs
- Log into your Confluence instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Secure Login (2FA) - Confluence via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Secure Login (2FA) - Confluence. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Secure Login (2FA) - Confluence begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Confluence instance.
To find older Secure Login (2FA) - Confluence versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.