Create branches at any time and merge them forward and back
Easily create a branch of a page in Confluence, edit the copy according to your needs and create the next version of the document in the background. The original retains unattached until you merge the branched page.
You can merge in both directions, work on multiple variants at the same time and join them back together anytime. If two changes are contradictory, the conflict will be marked colourfully and can be solved in the editor.
Default security settings for the original page, like space permissions, will be copied for each branch. But you can configure which users are allowed to see a particular page, to create branches and to merge them.
You have important documents in Confluence which have to be permanently accessible for your users? But they also need to be updated regularly by multiple users regarding different aspects- without undermining the unlimited and ongoing access to them?
- Create digital copies of a page in Confluence with Page Branching, edit them separately and choose to apply the changes to one or more copies to the original page, to updated versions of it and even to other copies.
- If you accidentally merge mistakes from one branch to the original, the page can quickly be retrieved through earlier versions of it.
- Page Branching for Confluence is very useful tool for simple variant management of concepts, specifications, and guidelines etc.
- Page Branching for Confluence can manually be enabled or disabled per every Confluence Space.
- Data Center compatibility
- No limitations caused by Page Branching: profit from all Confluence's default features without more ado.
Find more information at our blog post.
Scandio GmbH provides support for this app.
Version 0.5.4 • Confluence Server 6.0.1 - 6.5.2 • Released 2017-11-27
- Fix an issue with links when branching a page with Gliffy diagrams
- Log into your Confluence instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Page Branching for Confluence via search. Results include app versions compatible with your Confluence instance.
- Click Install to download and install your app.
- You're all set! Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
To find older Page Branching for Confluence versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.