Full-blown native Excel exports, spreadsheet reports and Business Intelligence for Jira
Use functions, formulas, charts, pivot tables, pivot charts, Visual Basic and other data crunching tools in Microsoft Excel to get more insights from your hard-earned Jira data. Powerful BI for Jira.
Unlike Jira's built-in Excel exports, this add-on exports real XLSX/XLS files. No need for further manual data conversion.
Also compatible with Google Spreadsheets & Open Office.
Merge your Jira field values into custom Excel template files, to define the content, data format, layout and colors.
Integrate with external databases and apps, or perform custom data transformations in Groovy scripts.
Better Excel Plugin exports Jira issues to Excel spreadsheets, for reporting, data analysis and Business Intelligence purposes.
Unlike Jira's built-in Excel- and CSV export features, it creates real Excel files in XLSX format that are compatible with Microsoft Office, Google Spreadsheets, Apple Numbers, Open/Libre Office: see the comparison!
- Issue list
- Issue list with metadata (comments, worklogs, change history)
- Created vs. Resolved reports
- Worklog reports (timesheets)
- Workflow reports (time in status)
- Jira Software agile reports
- Jira Service Desk reports (SLA)
- Zephyr test reports
- Tempo reports
- Insight reports
☛ Also generating business documents from Jira? Check out our PDF exporter app!
Thanks for the review, Jonas.
To be precise, the automation feature relies on JIRA (like any JIRA add-on), Better Excel Plugin (developed by Midori), Excel Automation Plugin (developed by Midori, not by Code Barrel!!) and the Automation Lite add-on (developed by Code Barrel). There are important technical reasons why the feature is modularized this way.
Automation Lite went through a complete overhaul in its version 3.0.0 which lead to some temporary technical issues, that's true. We worked on these with Code Barrel, and within 1 or 2 weeks this setup became stable and production ready.
|10 users$10||25 users$290||50 users$550||100 users$990||250 users$1990||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. Licenses are perpetual and the purchase price include 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your host product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your host product. For Jira Server 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (50 users) and Jira Service Desk (10 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 50-user tier for apps. For versions of Jira Server prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.Note: While this app has features specific to Jira Service Desk, the app is technically available across the whole Jira instance. Therefore the above guidelines for the license tier still apply.
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses?
For server apps, purchase and renewal is half-price if you have an academic license for your Atlassian host product. Server apps are always free for community and open-source licenses.
For more details about qualifying for special licenses, see here.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian host product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
Midori Global Consulting Kft. is an Atlassian Verified vendor, committed to providing support for their apps at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Version 3.4.0 • Jira Server 6.2 - 7.8.1 • Released 2018-02-27
Support for Tempo period and user filters, pre-loading. Support for Time to SLA.
New in this release
- Support for Tempo period- and user filters
- Faster export of Tempo worklogs via pre-loading
- Support for Time to SLA
- Support for user properties
- Formatting is consistently set to "dd/mmm/yyyy" for date and "dd/mmm/yyyy hh:mm" for date-time values in all templates shipped with the app.
- Fixed: JIRA Service Desk SLA field values are not exported with more recent Service Desk versions.
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Better Excel Plugin for Jira (XLSX/XLS) via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Better Excel Plugin for Jira (XLSX/XLS). You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Better Excel Plugin for Jira (XLSX/XLS) begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
To find older Better Excel Plugin for Jira (XLSX/XLS) versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.