Verify commits against configurable rules: commit message format, mentioned issue keys, committer identity, changed files
Verify the committer person, the commit message and the changed files before the commit is accepted.
Combine multiple parametric and scope-limited conditions with AND/OR operators.
Establish development workflows and good practices.
Restrict committing to specific users, user groups, etc.
Enforce traceability between Jira issues and code changes.
Lock repositories, directories, files.
Activate policies with exactly 4 clicks in the hook administration interface.
Increase your team's speed by using local Git hooks for as-early-as-possible commit verification.
Work better without losing agility.
Commit Policy Plugin checks the changes committed to Bitbucket Server repositories against a set of configurable rules (the commit policy). It does so by integrating the Commit Policy Plugin for Jira with Bitbucket Server. When the policy is not satisfied, the commit is rejected. Rejected commits can then be "fixed" and re-committed.
Unlike the free / unsupported alternatives, it verifies changes both early at "commit" time (client-side!!) and at "push" time (server-side).
- Bidirectional traceability from source code changes to user stories, tasks, bugs or other issue types
- Enforces conventions and best practices
- Clearer commit history
- Well-organized repositories and source code
- Controlled processes
Available conditions (can be combined with AND/OR):
- Committer must have a valid Jira account
- Commit message must contain issue keys from a JQL query
- Commit message must match a pattern
- Changed files must match a pattern
- ... and more!
Midori Global Consulting Kft. provides support for this app.
Version 2.0.1 • Bitbucket Server 4.0.0 - 5.7.0 • Released 2017-05-30
This version fixes a bug reported in Bitbucket 5 context.
- Fixed: Cannot push new branches to Bitbucket 5
- Log into your Bitbucket instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Commit Policy Plugin for Bitbucket via search. Results include app versions compatible with your Bitbucket instance.
- Click Install to download and install your app.
- You're all set! Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
To find older Commit Policy Plugin for Bitbucket versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.