Slack , Slack Jira Server, Slack Connector
Slack , Slack Jira Server, Slack Connector
Discuss with your team and review them by Slack tab
Support client directly via Slack App
Multiple Slack teams in a Jira project
Custom Slack message notification
JQL filter setting
New version release notification
Custom bot name and icon bot
Whitelist Slack teams
Summary list of Slack project
Report issue or feedbacks https://jsoftconnector.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1
- Setup your own Slack APP
- Custom Slack BOT and Slack Avatar
- Connect multiple Slack team
- JQL filter + slack channel notification
- Custom Slack message notification per issue event
- Support ANTLR in message template
- Support multiple issue events configuration
- New issue
- Update issue
- Delete issue
- Issue transition . e.g : Open , To Do, Review , Done
- Release new version
- Create dedicated Slack channel for an urgent issue for discussion
- Review the discussion with Slack tab in Issue detail
- Send a direct message to watchers, assignee and mention users https://jsoftconnector.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JS/Direct+message
- Slack CLI https://jsoftconnector.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JS/Slack+CLI
- Search issue
- Create issue
- Comment issue
|10 users$10||25 users$50||50 users$100||100 users$150||250 users$250||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. Licenses are perpetual and the purchase price include 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your host product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your host product. For Jira Server 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (50 users) and Jira Service Desk (10 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 50-user tier for apps. For versions of Jira Server prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.Note: While this app has features specific to Jira Service Desk, the app is technically available across the whole Jira instance. Therefore the above guidelines for the license tier still apply.
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses?
For server apps, purchase and renewal is half-price if you have an academic license for your Atlassian host product. Server apps are always free for community and open-source licenses.
For more details about qualifying for special licenses, see here.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian host product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
JSoftware is an Atlassian Verified vendor, committed to providing support for their apps at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Version 188.8.131.52 • Jira Server 6.3.15 - 7.6.1 • Released 2017-11-21
- Exclude generic event for direct message
- Able to remove slack user configuration in JIRA profile
- Cannot send notification for resolved issue without comment
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Slack Connector for Jira Server via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Slack Connector for Jira Server. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Slack Connector for Jira Server begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
To find older Slack Connector for Jira Server versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.