Starting from version 7.8.0 Jira also has a similar quick search behavior. You can't use both at the same time. You should decide on which quick search behavior to use and disable the other one. This release disables add-on's quick search by default, you can turn it on from settings and disable the JIRA's quick search using the steps in Administration Manual of the add-on. Similar Issues Finder's quick search has following advantages:
- You can search based on configured additional fields. See "Extra Fields to Search" global setting.
- You can configure how many results are displayed from add-on's setting. See "Number of Similar Issues Displayed" global setting.
- If you search by an issue key, link status of found issues are also displayed and you can create issue links easily. For example if the issue is already marked as duplicate you can immediately see it. If it is not, you can create the link with a click.
- Issue description preview.
- Status of the issue is also displayed.