Automatically alert users to critical Jira tickets via SMS, Slack and E-Mail using custom JQL filters
The Global Settings page defines a few elements to be used across any/all Jira projects.
Create an unlimited number of tiers with unique users to be alerted. You can define whether each tier is unique or if each tier inherits users from previous tiers.
You can now define multiple Notification Groups within a single Jira project. This allows multiple discreet teams to be alerted based on their own unique criteria.
Escalator allows you to send notifications to Jira users based on completely custom JQL and notification groups. For v2.0 we have pulled out all of the stops. There isn't a single feature or screen that hasn't been updated.
Some of our key features include:
- Multiple Notification Groups per Project
- Multiple Phone Numbers per Jira User
- Notifications can be sent via any combination of SMS, Slack and E-Mail
- Ability to disable recurrence of alerts once the last defined tier has been reached
- Restrict notifications to issues created outside of defined work hours
- Completely custom message content across all carriers
- Completely Custom JQL to trigger notification sending
|10 users$10||25 users$200||50 users$400||100 users$800||250 users$2000||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. Licenses are perpetual and the purchase price include 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your host product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your host product. For Jira Server 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (50 users) and Jira Service Desk (10 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 50-user tier for apps. For versions of Jira Server prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.Note: While this app has features specific to Jira Service Desk, the app is technically available across the whole Jira instance. Therefore the above guidelines for the license tier still apply.
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses?
For server apps, purchase and renewal is half-price if you have an academic license for your Atlassian host product. Server apps are always free for community and open-source licenses.
For more details about qualifying for special licenses, see here.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian host product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
Computer Technologies, Inc. provides support for this app.
Version 2.1.2 • Jira Server 7.0.0 - 7.6.3 • Released 2018-01-05
Compatibility and Background Performance Improvements
- Added compatibility with Jira 7.6.2
- Added more robust background process handling
- Resolved issue causing potential tier duplication
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Escalator - On-Call Notifications via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Escalator - On-Call Notifications. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Escalator - On-Call Notifications begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
To find older Escalator - On-Call Notifications versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.