The InProduct Translation plugin lets you translate specific Jira items on the fly - directly from Jira web interface
Select "Switch on Translations" from the profile dropdown and the InProduct Translation window will appear.
Translate selected message, save and refresh the page to enjoy live translation.
Go to plugin configuration (Access Management) and define groups allowed to translate.
The InProduct Translation plugin lets you translate specific Jira items on the fly.
Simply select "Switch on Translations" from your profile menu on any Jira page and start translating. Translated items will be immediately visible to all Jira users that have that language selected.
Please note: this plugin is not officially supported and we strongly recommend you thoroughly test it in a staging server before you put it into production.
It is possible to define which groups can translate items in plugin configuration.
When translation mode is enabled then mouse hovering over most items will turn them green which means you can translate them.
General usage tips:
- The language you are using in your profile will be the language that is translated.
- All Jira users that have the same language selected will see the updated translations.
- Deleting a translation will effect all users that have that selected language.
- Fields in JQL are not translated.
- Not all items are translatable.
Basic support resources are available for this app.
Version 1.1.0 • Jira Server 7.0.0 - 7.1.10 • Released 2016-06-20
Allow uploading translations directly to translations.atlassian.com
No need for creating language pack upload request issues - you can now upload your translations directly to translations.atlassian.com via the plugin's admin panel.
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate InProduct translation for Jira via search. Results include app versions compatible with your Jira instance.
- Click Install to download and install your app.
- You're all set! Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
To find older InProduct translation for Jira versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.