Connect Jira projects to your Slack channels so the whole team has one conversation
Get notified when issues get created, updated, transitioned, commented on, and more. Filter by issue type and priority so your team only sees what actually matters in your channel.
Simply tell @jirabot the URL of your Jira site to link your Slack channel – no configuration necessary.
Mention a Jira issue from a linked project in your Slack channel, and @jirabot will automatically provide a helpful summary, so your team can stay focused on the conversation at hand.
Teamwork can be challenging, especially with multiple projects, an overabundance of information and distributed team members. Jira is built for every member of your software team to plan, track and release great software. Use Slack for Jira Cloud to remove the constant hunt through documents and emails to get what you need when you need it.
- Rich notifications in your Slack channel that, when clicked, provides the key information you need to act
- Powerful filtering to selected channels, projects, issue types and priorities to cut out the clutter
- Slash commands to connect and subscribe to Jira events, manage your Jira connections and subscriptions, or get information about a specific issue.
- Easy set up with the Jira bot to get up and running fast
The best software teams ship early and often. With Slack for Jira Cloud, it's easy to stay in sync, focus on the task, and get the right people on the job.
Thanks for reporting this, Oliver. We've fixed this issue.
Thanks for your review, Gerard. We're working to make @jirabot better. Re: #2 above... assuming @jirabot is inside your channel, you should be able to just mention the issue key (i.e., ISSUE-123) and @jirabot will provide a preview of that issue inside of your channel. /jira ISSUE-123 will also work, but the response will only be visible by the person who typed that command. As for #3... you can configure what events in JIRA your channel receives. Type `/jira manage` to update your subscription settings. You can read more about how to manage the configuration of your notifications here: https://slack.atlassian.io/faqs#connect
Thanks for the suggestion, Pheng.
Atlassian provides support for this app.
Jira Cloud • Released 2017-03-28
This is the initial release of the Jira Cloud app for Slack
The 1.0 release of Jira Cloud for Slack allows you to easily set up detailed notifications for your Slack team by following simple instructions from @jirabot. Filter notifications by issue type, priority, and event, or get instant issue previews any time an issue is mentioned in your channel.
- Click the "Add to Slack" button. Choose your Slack team and sign in if necessary, then click the button to authorize the app.
- @jirabot will send you a message in Slack to help you get started!