Diagnose performance issues in your Jira with YourKit Profiler
Just install the plugin and start/stop CPU profiling, or collect Memory snapshots through "System | YourKit Profiler" page. Get snapshots from Jira home directory.
CPU snapshots provide the developers information on where CPU power is spent. (The developers will need a YourKit license to view the snapshot.)
Memory snapshots provide the developers information on what takes up most memory and on memory leaks. (The developers will need a YourKit license to view the snapshot.)
This add-on lets you start performance diagnostics on your Jira without Jira restart. Just install, load agent and start CPU profiling, or capture memory snapshots.
To analyze the snapshots, use YourKit Profiler (a license is required).
Note: it is advisable to restart Jira *after* the profiling is done. Although the impact of inactive profiling agent is negligible, the JVM state is altered, so it's better to restart Jira into "clean" state.
For details, see ALM Works Knowledge Base.
Basic support resources are available for this app.
Version 0.4 • Jira Server 7.0.0 - 7.8.0 • Released 2017-01-08
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate YourKit for Jira via search. Results include app versions compatible with your Jira instance.
- Click Install to download and install your app.
- You're all set! Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
To find older YourKit for Jira versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.