Desktop Client for Jira Power Users
Desktop Client for Jira Power Users
Navigate quickly through Jira issues using saved queries. The issue set for each query opens in its own tab in the main window.
Further refine query results with sub-queries to break up large issue sets into smaller batches of work.
Dragging and dropping issues onto queries changes their values to match the query parameters.
Features & Benefits
- Organize workspace with hierarchical queries.
- Advanced issue triage with drag-and-drop.
- Fast navigation and browsing.
- Working offline!
- Integrated time tracking.
- Screenshot capturing tool.
Download and Installation (Unusual - please read!)
- Install Jira Client plugin into your Jira using Administration | Plugins menu (this plugin is a server-side companion for Jira Client). Click Try to get an evaluation license.
- Download Jira Client installer for Windows / Mac / Linux from Jira Client Download Page and install on your local computer.
- Start Jira Client. When starting for the first time, use Connection | New Jira Connection menu to set up a connection to your Jira server.
Using with Atlassian OnDemand
The Jira plugin that provides licensing for Jira Client cannot be installed on Jira OnDemand, but you can still use Jira Client desktop application with a per-user or team license from ALM Works (30-day trial is available). See Jira Client Download Page for details.
|10 users$10||25 users$300||50 users$550||100 users$1000||250 users$2000||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. Licenses are perpetual and the purchase price include 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your host product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your host product. For Jira Server 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (50 users) and Jira Service Desk (10 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 50-user tier for apps. For versions of Jira Server prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses?
For server apps, purchase and renewal is half-price if you have an academic license for your Atlassian host product. Server apps are always free for community and open-source licenses.
For more details about qualifying for special licenses, see here.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian host product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
ALM Works is an Atlassian Verified vendor, committed to providing support for their apps at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Version 3.8.1 • Jira Server 6.3 - 7.5.3 • Released 2016-12-12
Support for macOS Sierra
This version comes with support for macOS Sierra and minor improvements
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Jira Client via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Jira Client. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Jira Client begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
To find older Jira Client versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.