Like AutoFormat of your word processor, but for Jira issues - improve the readability of your Jira issues with zero effort
Ever wanted your word processor's AutoFormat feature in Jira to make your issues better readable with zero effort? Wikify scans your Jira issues and highlights items which should stand out from regular text.
Ever mentioned a user but had no time to use the corresponding wiki syntax? Too busy to link Jira project versions, project names or components? Just type them in and Wikify links to their detail pages in Jira.
No matter in which screens or modes you work, if you're creating an issue or just watching one, or if you're using Jira Agile or not. Use Wikify wherever you need it - easy and with zero effort.
Jira's text formatting support is great, but the user must be familiar with its syntax, which takes both time to learn and to apply. Wouldn't it be cool to have an AutoFormat feature like the one from your word processor so that you can focus on the content?
Wikify formats your issue texts with Jira wiki syntax automatically. It supports the following text block items:
- Source code (Java, XML, SQL)
- Java stack traces including surrounding server logs
Wikify also styles these inline elements:
- Jira project versions (e.g., 1.0.0)
- Jira project names (e.g., Wikify)
- Jira component names (e.g., wikify core)
- Jira user names (e.g., Michael)
- Camel Case entities and constants (e.g., JavaBeanFactory, Jira_SERVLET_URL)
- Java package names (e.g., javax.swing.text) and methods
- Email addresses and URL's
- File paths
- Attachments (e.g., wikify-field.png)
Wikify wikifies all fields of your issue that have a Jira Wiki style renderer attached. This is by default:
Thanks for your feedback. We made the app free with Version 1.1.4. Please try with the newest version. Please
see all versions here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ch.mibex.jira.wikify/versions.
Basic support resources are available for this app.
Version 1.1.4 • Jira Server 5.1.5 - 7.2.12 • Released 2016-12-19
Now available at no charge
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Wikify - AutoFormat for Jira via search. Results include app versions compatible with your Jira instance.
- Click Install to download and install your app.
- You're all set! Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
To find older Wikify - AutoFormat for Jira versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.