Embed Office documents
Display Office documents including Word documents, presentations and spreadsheets on a Confluence page.
Edit Office documents
Edit embedded and attached Office documents directly in Office. No need to download and reattach the file.
Import Word documents
Create Confluence pages from your existing Word documents. This is a great way to get your existing content into Confluence.
The Office Connector provides integration with Microsoft Office for Windows and OpenOffice. This add-on is bundled with Confluence and can be upgraded within Confluence.
The Office Connector enables you to:
- attach Office documents to your page and edit them directly in Office
- embed Office documents on a page
- create Confluence pages from existing Word documents
- search the contents of attached and embedded Office documents.
If you plan to use the Office Connector to edit documents, please check our documentation as this functionality is only available in some browsers.
- Version 3.4.18 • Released 2016-08-02 • No Vendor Support • Free • GNU Public License (GPL)No release notes.
- Fixes for:
- Powerpoint related null pointer exceptions
- Powerpoint macro does not advance past the first page
- Errors when rendering from pdf Files with Bézier curves
- Office Connector not working in Firefox 29 and Firefox 30
- Office Connector plugin's viewfile macro displays blurred text when showing pdf file
- Edit in Office does not work IE11
- Images in Word documents resized on doc import
- Office Powerpoint macro does not advance past the first page
- Version 1.17 • Released 2011-06-30 • Supported By Atlassian • Paid via Vendor • Atlassian Closed-Source
Greately reduced the amount of memory required when indexing large XLSX (Microsoft Excel 2007) files. This should address most cases where an OutOfMemoryError was occurring while indexing such files.
- Version 1.13 • Released 2010-09-13 • No Vendor Support • Paid via Vendor • Atlassian Closed-SourceNo release notes.
- Version 1.8 • Released 2010-06-07 • No Vendor Support • Paid via Vendor • Atlassian Closed-Source
Bug fix release.
- Version 1.6.2 • Released 2010-07-01 • Supported By Atlassian • Paid via Vendor • Atlassian Closed-Source
Replaced DOM based parser with a SAX based parser to increase indexing speed and reduce memory requirements when indexing xlsx documents (ONLY xlsx documents).
Updated third party library to correct a bug where it would hang the Office Connector if an incompatible xls(x) file was viewed with the viewfile macro.