Fix applied to correct an issue with invalid variable names causing crashes in the Bamboo Config Generation, Patch Submitted by Lachlan Pease
Behind the firewall installations of the Atlassian Suite can often prove to be difficult for newcomers. ASM for Atlassian uses best practice configurations wherever possible and provides guidance for all others.
Rapid releases of updates from Atlassian made managing behind the firewall installs somewhat time consuming. ASM for Atlassian automates the majority of the process to get you Atlassian's awesome new features FAST!
Empower staff to take over administration
Much of the work that has gone into ASM for Atlassian has been to help empower junior staff members to manage, maintain and upgrade the Atlassian Suite without needing to know what goes on behind the scenes.
ASM was originally developed by me to assist in maintaining my personal installations of the Atlassian Suite as well as making my life easier at work.
However, as I am no longer maintaining installs at work, and I am decreasing the amount of technical development I am doing, I no longer have the time to dedicate to the ongoing maintenance of this script.
Therefore as of December 31st, 2015 I am formally pulling support and maintenance for ASM. I will happily maintain the old supporting files on my server, & if anyone wishes to contribute development time, I will more than happily assist.
Unfortunately, as the Atlassian codebase and the means with which they performed installs changed so regularly, it became increasingly difficult to keep up as I was finding every few months that one of the installs would break as a configuration had moved/changed.
I hope this script has served everyone well & am definitely open to handing over the reigns to someone else should they wish to take it up.
- Version 0.2.7 • Released 2015-01-22 • No Vendor Support • Free • GNU Public License (GPL)
Changes available in the latest version (v0.2.6):
*Fix - Updated Stash functions to support Stash 3.5.0+*Fix - Improved speed of checking for Perl modules*Fix - Removed deprecated code*Enh - Removed deprecated versions from LATEST*Imp - Cleaned up CreateOSUser function*Imp - Removed deprecated function generateCrowdPropertiesFile*Imp - Removed check for 64 bit Architecture questions*Fix - Other minor fixes
This release of ASM for Atlassian resolves the following issues:
- Gathering existing config from Confluence and Jira broken
- Services running as root would not stop correctly
- Menu not reloading following Bamboo upgrade
Changes available in the latest version (v0.2.3):
- Fix - Init.D permissions incorrect
- Fix - Permissions on directories are sometimes incorrect (fix submitted by Bradley Baetz)
- Fix - Unable to access https URLs through proxy (fix submitted by Bradley Baetz)
- Fix - Hyphen's not accepted in hostname
- (fix submitted by Bradley Baetz)
- Feature - Clear plugin caches of Jira and Confluence on upgrades (to get around occasional cache corruption)
- Improvement - Akamai CDN now used for all update URLS for ASM for Atlassian script to speed up the update process
- Improvement - Future bug fixes to config files and existing installs will only be run once. Patch level is now tracked.
A big thanks goes out to Bradley for his comprehensive submissions and contributions to this version.
- [ATLASMGR-334] - Crowd Seraph Config Broken for Jira and Confluence
- [ATLASMGR-335] - Backup and restore of crowd.properties not working correctly
New Features + Improvements
- NOTE: Script Updates Fixed... you may need to manually update
- Binary installers for Confluence and Jira have been dropped (faster upgrades).
- Creates passwords for any system (OS) users that are created.
- Downloads new install files before shutting down services (to minimise downtime).
- Improved duplicate ports function.
- Detects and warn for SELinux.
- Improved service scripts to kill hung processes.
- Adds advanced dunctions menu.
- Provides option to force UIDs and GIDs for user accounts creation.
- Provides a "service atlassian stop/start/restart" script to manage all applications at once.
- Visually identifies if upgrades to applications are available, also tells you what version you have installed and what version is available.
- CATALINA_OPTS can now be managed in addition to JAVA_OPTS
- Install and upgrade processes improved (better user experience)
- Backups can now be compressed
- Many other improvements under the hood to increase stability and the user experience
- [ATLASMGR-277] - Auto updates fail on older versions of bash due to regex issue
- [ATLASMGR-278] - Apache reverse Proxy always sets http
- [ATLASMGR-288] - Bamboo not applying port number correctly for Bamboo 5+
- [ATLASMGR-289] - Uninitialized value $needJDBC on upgrading Jira
- [ATLASMGR-294] - False assumption that the service command will always be the user the app runs under
- [ATLASMGR-295] - Expat DEVEL Package needs to be added to Redhat
- [ATLASMGR-298] - getEnvironmentDebugInfo Breaks --enable-eap
- [ATLASMGR-263] - Quick URL screen shows ARRAY[XXX]
- [ATLASMGR-264] - On get existing config a NULL confluence context is interpreted as the default /confluence
- [ATLASMGR-265] - Crowd service stop not working on upgrade
- [ATLASMGR-266] - Confluence gather existing could not get user + flowon effect
- [ATLASMGR-267] - Confluence upgrade crashes
- [ATLASMGR-269] - Bamboo Apache Proxy Config needs additional Jetty line
- [ATLASMGR-270] - Minor error on checking Jira config
- [ATLASMGR-276] - Crowd context not correctly picked up on getExistingCrowdConfig
- [ATLASMGR-273] - Output script version in gather environmental debug function
- [ATLASMGR-274] - Output perl modules and versions as part of environmental debug
- [ATLASMGR-275] - Oracle JDBC Driver no longer bundled with Confluence
- [ATLASMGR-272] - Increment Version Numbers and Supported Version
Release Notes - ASM Script for Atlassian Development - Version 0.1.5
* [ATLASMGR-256] - OpenSSL package not being correctly installed on Debian
* [ATLASMGR-257] - Add OS version to environmental debug information
* [ATLASMGR-259] - At the end of each install make it clear that the web wizard has to be completed
** New Feature
* [ATLASMGR-258] - Add menu option to show the URLs of each application + ports
* [ATLASMGR-261] - Prepare version for Release
- Release Notes - ASM Script for Atlassian Development - Version 0.1.4
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-251'>ATLASMGR-251</a>] - Bamboo crowd.properties is not copied
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-249'>ATLASMGR-249</a>] - Improve auto updater to handle if perl script did not update correctly
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-250'>ATLASMGR-250</a>] - Change order of operations on Atlassian Binary Install to match the Generic Installer
<h2> New Feature
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-247'>ATLASMGR-247</a>] - Add runtime command line parameter to permit EAP downloads
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-248'>ATLASMGR-248</a>] - Prepare 0.1.4 for release
Release Notes - ASM Script for Atlassian Development - Version 0.1.3
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-246'>ATLASMGR-246</a>] - Script updater is not working correectly with three octet version
Release Notes - ASM Script for Atlassian Development - Version 0.1.2
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-239'>ATLASMGR-239</a>] - Stash default port is incorrect
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-240'>ATLASMGR-240</a>] - crowdIntegration will never be set for crowd... Causes minor unititialized string value error.
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-241'>ATLASMGR-241</a>] - Issue with config generation showing "default" during confluence install
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-242'>ATLASMGR-242</a>] - Unititialised Values on Due to generateCrowdPropertiesFile
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-243'>ATLASMGR-243</a>] - JavaMemParamFile not defined on Stash Install
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-245'>ATLASMGR-245</a>] - Hard fail on upgrade if crowd.properties does not exist
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-244'>ATLASMGR-244</a>] - Increment version numbers for release
Release Notes - ASM Script for Atlassian Development - Version 0.1.1
<li>[<a href='https://technicalnotebook.com/jira/browse/ATLASMGR-238'>ATLASMGR-238</a>] - Rebrand from Atlassian Suite Manager to ASM Script for Atlassian