This version comes with support for macOS Sierra and minor improvements
- Version 3.8.1 • Released 2016-12-12 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
- Version 3.8.0 • Released 2016-09-27 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This version introduces a number of new features and improvements:
- Jira Client now can connect to Jira servers protected by Single Sign-On systems. It also supports login with Google account.
- Support for SVG images
- Jira Client is now able to show type, status and priority icons of the latest Jira versions. It also shows SVG attachments with internal viewer and shows preview on the issue details panel.
- Jira Client does not use high performance graphics card.
- Crashes on OS X are fixed.
Summit shout: Meet the ALM Works team in two weeks' time at Atlassian Summit 2016! (And if you haven?t bought a Summit ticket yet, do ask us for a discount code.)
- Version 3.7.0 • Released 2015-09-28 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • CommercialNo release notes.
- Version 3.6.3 • Released 2014-10-09 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Jira Client server plugin has been marked Data Center compatible. No changes are required in the current Jira Client desktop installations. The server plugin should be upgraded on Jira Data Center instances.
- Version 3.6.2 • Released 2014-09-25 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Jira Client 3.6.2 fixes the compatibility problem introduced by a recent rollout of a new Jira Cloud version, which caused issues become read-only in Jira Client.
The upgrade of both Jira add-on and desktop applications by the end users is required. You can download a new Jira Client version from ALM Works website.
- Version 3.6.0 • Released 2014-05-28 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
This version introduces a number of user interface improvements and some new features.
- Improved Create Issue and Edit Issue Forms - supporting Screen configuration in your Jira and allowing you to additionally hide some fields.
- Bulk Edit - based on the multiple selection in the search result.
- Spell Checker with support for English, German, French, Spanish and Russian.
- Custom Hierarchies - based on combinations of link types.
- A number of other improvements and fixes.
- Version 3.5.1 • Released 2013-11-29 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
Fixed in this release
Jira Client 3.5.1 is a patch version that adds support for OS X 10.9 and fixes a few issues in the latest version of Jira Client.
- Version 3.5.0 • Released 2013-09-19 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
New in Jira Client 3.5:
- Major performance improvements, less memory consumption
- Switched from SOAP API to REST API completely
- Added ability to delete comments and attachments
- Support for jira.atlassian.com (logging in with Atlassian ID)
- Bulk change worklog comment and visibility
- Customizable "copy to clipboard" action
See more in the Jira Client 3.5 Release Notes
- Version 3.0.2 • Released 2012-09-27 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
OnDemand login issues
Recently, Atlassian has upgraded several Jira OnDemand instances, breaking login functionality for remote applications like Jira Client. While we were fixing the problem and working on this release, Atlassian temporarily reverted the breaking changes. However, because they are restoring these changes soon, previous Jira Client releases won't be able to log in again. We recommend all Jira OnDemand users to upgrade.
Custom fields fixes
We have added support for several custom fields that come from Jira plugins, including Jira Enhancer Plugin. Some of these custom fields were supported in Jira Client 2.x, but not in 3.0; we return those ones back. We have also fixed problems with uploading custom field values of types Date and Date Time.
For more details, see the list of resolved issues in our Jira.
- Version 3.0.1 • Released 2012-08-16 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
- We have fixed the bug that prevented from adding issue links on some Jira 5.1 servers.
- We have returned the default Fixed resolution to the Resolve Issue screen. Back in 3.0, we added a button to the Resolution editor to quickly set resolution to Fixed, and removed the initial selection — so that by default no resolution was selected. It turned out that the users were disappointed, because they had to make one more click compared to Jira Client 2.3. Reacting on your negative feedback on this feature, we are restoring the good old behavior in 3.0.1.
- "Download Attachments" action in the issue table pop-up was not working; we have fixed that, too. This action is useful when you want to download attachments to several issues at once.
- We have fixed the problem with issue table column widths: from time to time, they were reverting to default widths, undoing user adjustments.
See also a more detailed list of changes in our Jira.
- Version 3.0.0 • Released 2012-07-06 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
New in Jira Client 3.0:
- Support for Jira version 4.2 - 5.1;
- Marketplace-ready version with site licensing and easy license deployment;
- "New Issue Here" feature for creating issues within a query's result set;
- Improved issue hierarchy;
- Better performance due to completely rewritten back-end;
- and a number of other improvements.
See more in the Jira Client 3.0 Release Notes.
- Version 3.0.0.rc1 • Released 2012-05-23 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Atlassian • Commercial
With this version, Jira Client is now available on Atlassian Marketplace!
- Version 2.3.1 • Released 2010-08-20 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
This upgrade that addresses several issues reported recently. First, Jira Client is now able to log in to Jira Studio integrated with Google Apps. Second, Jira Client now properly supports most of the custom fields provided by the Jira Toolkit plugin. A few other minor issues have been fixed; please see the change log for details.
- Version 2.3 • Released 2010-07-12 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
This version enhances Jira Studio integration and brings a row of features and enhacements:
And there is even more to that! Check out the release notes.
- comments can be edited from Jira Client (if user has sufficient privileges),
- sub-tasks can be moved to another parent or converted to another type (and vice versa),
- issue table configuration (columns, sorting order) is remembered separately for each query,
- recently changed issues can be accessed through a new view.
- Version 2.2 • Released 2010-04-29 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
This version introduces support for Jira 4.1, and a number of user interface improvements:
- A new column with Status, Type, Priority icons;
- Better font rendering on Windows and Linux;
- Opening exported files on Mac OS X and Linux;
- Actions to synchronizing only a single connection.
This is one of the rare cases when a previous version of Jira Client will not work with the next version of Jira. Please upgrade if you're using or intend to use Jira 4.1.
See more details in the release notes: http://almworks.com/news/2010-04-jiraclient-2-2.html
- Version 2.1.2 • Released 2010-03-11 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
Resolved date/time field was added in Jira 4, and now Jira Client can display resolution date in issue details view and as a column, and search using Resolved filter.
A couple of problems were fixed that made Jira Client fail synchronization with Jira in rare cases when the server produced invalid HTML or XML code in certain reports. This problem most likely doesn't affect your server.
Upgrade is optional.
- Version 2.1.1 • Released 2010-02-09 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
The serious issue that appeared was that URLs were not properly encoded when NTLM authentication was required. Also we have fixed a minor problem with "Time Spent" indication in the time tracker.
- Version 2.1 • Released 2010-01-21 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
For this release we have resolved over 150 issues, focusing completely on user interface improvements and bug fixes. Here are the brief highlights of what you can do with this release:
- attach files and screenshots when creating new issues;
- create and configure Jira connections with our new friendly wizard;
- search for values in almost any list by typing a few letters;
- quickly find out important facts about the current issue, and take appropriate actions — all in one place, the message panel;
- avoid illegal values in issue fields — Jira Client will warn you about them;
- enjoy a better user interface with many little touches, including a redesigned main menu.
Looking under the hood, we've made a lot of bug fixes, optimizations, and improvements:
- you can now reassign issues even when the "Assignee" field is removed from the issue editing screen;
- the dependencies of issue types and security levels from projects are now fully supported;
- conflicts involving issues moved to other projects can now be resolved;
- and many more.
- Version 2.0.1 • Released 2009-10-16 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
This patch contains several fixes, including fix for a critical problem.
- Version 2.0 • Released 2009-10-06 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
With Jira Client 2.0 we introduce a free edition of the product, Jira Client Lite. This edition is a fully-functional Jira Client to be used with the starter Jira servers or in open-source projects.
This version supports Jira 4. A number of incompatibilities has been fixed and now all Jira Client features work with Jira 4.
Time-tracking functionality has been improved. It's now possible to track the Remaining Time and review the tracked time using simplified time table with in-place editing of Time Spent and Remaining Time.
Note that upgrading to version Jira Client Pro 2.0 requires active maintenance and support subscription.
- Version 1.5.3 • Released 2009-08-19 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
This release is mainly targeted on fixing a number of bugs plus bundles TrackLink.NET.
TrackLink.NET is our IDE plugin which integrates with Mozilla's Bugzilla and Atlassian Jira issue tracking systems. It allows to view and filter a list of issues and issue details in Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. To view custom query results and issue details, you need to have Deskzilla or Jira Client installed and configured. Starting with version 2.0, TrackLink.NET supports integration with Jira via Jira Client.
- Version 1.5.2 • Released 2009-07-11 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
This release is mainly targeted on Mac OS X users and brings a number of user interface enhancements and bug-fixes for them.
In addition to this, new columns have been added to the list of available columns for the issues table. These columns display the number of the issue comments, attachments, links, and work log entries. Please note that an issue should be fully downloaded to show attachments and work log entries (and their number).
- Version 1.5.1 • Released 2009-06-12 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
We're releasing Jira Client version 1.5.1 today. This is mostly a bug-fix release, dealing with issues that have been reported in version 1.5 and some older issues.
After beta version of Jira 4 was announced on Atlassian Summit, we immediately installed it to check if Jira Client works with the bleeding edge Jira server. To our surprise and joy, most of the things worked — thanks to Atlassian developers for preserving backward compatibility! But we still had to make a few changes and now all features of Jira Client 1.5.1 are compatible with Jira 4 beta.
Upgrade is advised to everyone using Jira Client, because there were some major problems fixed with this release. Before upgrading to the new version, please back up your workspace.
ALM Works Team
- Version 1.5 • Released 2009-05-29 • Supported By ALM Works • Paid via Vendor • Commercial
The most prominent new feature in Jira Client 1.5 is time tracking and integration with Jira work logs (available for Jira 3.10 or later). Here's how it works:
- You can select an issue as your current work with Right Click | Work on Issue menu item or Ctrl+G keyboard shortcut. The issue becomes your current work and time tracking is started — you can see that in the Time Control window, opened by Time | Time Tracking menu or with Ctrl+M shortcut.
- Using Time Control window, you can start, stop and pause time tracking. To change the issue you're working on just select it in a query result and hit Ctrl+G.
- At any time you can review the accumulated time tracking information as a time sheet and publish it as work logs. Use Time | Edit and Publish Timesheet menu or Ctrl+Shift+M shortcut. After time sheet is published, changes to the affected issues may be uploaded to the server.
- On any issue you can view, add, edit and delete work log entries, just like in Jira web interface (viewing work log requires full issue download, as it is not automatically downloaded when issue is first retrieved from the server). The changes are kept in the local database until you upload them.
- Jira Client detects periods when you're not using your computer or when it's asleep, and can automatically turn on pause in time tracking. You can adjust settings for auto-pause using Time | Time Tracking Options menu.
There are other improvements in this version, including:
- Minimizing into system tray — turn on with File | Use System Tray menu item (available on Windows, Mac OS X with Java 6 only). When Jira Client has an icon in system tray it will show notifications about auto-paused time tracking;
- URLs and issue keys are now clickable in comments and text fields;
- Support for comment visibility restrictions;
- The main window has been slightly rearranged — most of the buttons from the toolbar on the top have been moved to issue details view and issue list header.
Before upgrading to the new version, please back up your workspace. After starting new version for the first time, run full synchronization with File | Synchronize menu.