Issue #28: Fixed issue with java.lang.NullPointerException being thrown when adding notification recipients.
Issue #31: Added ability to change the notification type used for sending notifications. Can switch between the integrated notification types, not a custom one. Can also set to "None" to disable using the provided notification types. Useful for using the Component Watcher custom fields instead.
Warning: This version of the plugin (2.5.0+) saves component user watchers using user keys instead of usernames. It includes a task that automatically updates all existing component user watchers to use user keys. It is highly recommended to test upgrading the plugin in a testing, non-production, environment. Also, it is highly recommended to backup your Jira database before upgrading.
- Converted plugin to save component user watchers using user keys.
- Created upgrade task that migrates existing component user watchers to be saved as user keys.
- Created a report that can be used to compare component user watchers before the upgrade to the current watchers for projects. Includes the ability to download a CSV of all the projects.
- Created the beginnings of a RESTful interface. Includes an endpoint for getting all the component user watchers for a project.
- Version 2.4.6 • Released 2017-01-07 • No Vendor Support • Free • BSD
Updated plugin to support Jira-7.3.
- Version 2.4.4 • Released 2016-08-28 • No Vendor Support • Free • BSD
Needed to check for custom field when removing a watcher before displaying re-index message.
- Version 2.4.3 • Released 2016-08-27 • No Vendor Support • Free • BSD
Limited the re-index message from displaying on editing of component watches if the component watcher custom field exists.
New in this release
Includes some minor UI improvements.
**** Notice ****
Plugin now uses the "All Watchers" notification type for sending notifications. The "Component Watchers" notification type does not work in Jira 6.
The "Component Watchers" link has changed. Now under the "Summary" panel from a projects administration page.
Fixed in this release
Plugin updated to support Jira 6.
Plugin is now compatible with Jira 5.0. Also, installation has changed with this version. It can now be installed via the plugin exchange.
Please read the wiki, https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JCWP/JIRA+Component+Watcher+Plugin, for more information.
Plugin should now work with Jira 4.0.
* Package is changed from com.atlassian.jira.* to com.burningcode.jira.*.
* Saving is now done using PropertySet. However, this version is not compatible with older versions of the plugin. That is, you can not just upgrade. Watchers will have to be re-added to components.
* No need to use the even listener. Now uses an event type for handling notification. Resolves JCWP-1.
* Minor visual change to the component watcher list.
* Integrated tests now work except for the notification test. This requires the modification of the notification-event-types.xml file to work.
* Updated docs to reflect changes
* Now requires Java 5.