JSU stands worldwide for supreme Jira WORKFLOW performance: Make your teams even more effective and faster
Display locations with Google Maps, either through a text field that is letting you specify a location by it's name, or a select custom field where you may configure a set of locations.
An additional set of workflow conditions, validators and post functions that let you do much more in your workflows.
An additional tab on the issue view with a summary of all transitions. Including time in source, execution times and last executed by who and when.
This add-on provides additional workflow conditions, validators and post functions. An Issue Tab with a transition summary, custom fields for specifying a Google Maps location / direction and bulk copy.
- User is in any groups
- User is in any roles
- User is in custom field
- Certain value in system or custom field
- Fields required, mandatory
- Status of linked issues
- Date compare
- Date expression compare
- Date within range
- Regular expression check
- Create linked issue (or sub-task, issue in epic)
- Transition on linked issues (or on sub-tasks, issues in epic)
- Follow up transition (conditional end status of a transition)
- Copy value from other field (within issue or related issues, like linked issues, sub-tasks, issues in epic)
- Update any field
- Clear any field
Issue Tab Panel:
- Issue transition summary tab
- Location text field
- Location select field
- Direction field
- Bulk copy
- Project Variables
Hi Tyler Freeze Thanks for your review, we really appreciate it! It is possible to get a "per issue" view on the stats you mentioned above. If you click on the "Transitions-Tab" in the activity section in your issue, the data is gathered in real-time from the "History-Tab" everytime you click the Transitions Tab. Unfortunately, this real time gathering which is necessary due to perfomance issues does not allow to create/download reports or search for figures in JQL.
We hope having assisted you with this information.
Just use version 1.5.2 .
Hi Engin Yorgancıoglu It is great to hear you like our products and support! Best regards, beecom Support Team
Hi Mark Pinone Thanks a lot for your great review. We work hard to release new functions and features, in order to make JSU even more useful - and reviews like yours make it totally worth it!
Kind regards, beecom Support Team
Thank you for your feedback. We can understand that price increases may come with difficulties regarding budget allocation.
In such cases, we are always glad to find a way how to bridge the time - just contact us via our Service Desk!
We look at every case individually to give specific adivse and tips which approach fits best - unfortunately we did not receive a service request from you until now.
We invested a lot of time and effort to match the expectations of our users regarding quick, profound and professional support since users rely on JSU as a critical part of their Jira instances. This is, in an economic sense, only possible with a commercialisation of the app.We will keep investing in JSU and have a tight release plan of great new features and improvements.
Regarding our support policy, we match our support with the support of Atlassian itself. Which means that all versions of JSU are at least supported as long as the highest corresponding version of Jira is supported.
We hope for your understanding!
beecom Support Team
|10 users$10||25 users$70||50 users$140||100 users$250||250 users$450||500 & upAdditional pricing details|
- How does server app pricing work?
Server products and apps are hosted on your servers. Licenses are perpetual and the purchase price include 12 months of maintenance (support and version updates).
You can renew maintenance after 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price. You can upgrade the tier of your host product and app licenses at any time. Upgrade prices are calculated based on Atlassian's formula (view example).
If app pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
- How do I determine my server pricing?
Apps are billed based on the number of users in your host product. For Jira Server 7.0 or later, the app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. For example, if you're running Jira Software (50 users) and Jira Service Desk (10 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 50-user tier for apps. For versions of Jira Server prior to 7.0, the app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.Note: While this app has features specific to Jira Service Desk, the app is technically available across the whole Jira instance. Therefore the above guidelines for the license tier still apply.
- Do you offer academic, community, or open-source licenses?
For server apps, purchase and renewal is half-price if you have an academic license for your Atlassian host product. Server apps are always free for community and open-source licenses.
For more details about qualifying for special licenses, see here.
- Can I extend my free trial?
For server apps, you can extend your app trial up to 5 times - in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Try it free and you'll be directed to generate a new license. Paste this license key into the app listing in UPM from your Atlassian host product, and you're all set.
- How can I buy apps for my legacy Jira Server or Confluence Server license?
If you own a legacy Jira Server Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Server Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available. You have two options for app purchasing:
- Purchase the app at the non-legacy Unlimited (10000+ users) tier.
- Renew your Jira or Confluence license at a non-legacy tier, then purchase the app at the same tier.
beecom is an Atlassian Verified vendor, committed to providing support for their apps at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Version 2.4.3 • Jira Server 7.0.2 - 7.10.1 • Released 2018-05-30
UI Tweaks for Jira 7.10
Minor UI tweaks for the fresh, new look of Jira 7.10
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate JSU - Suite Utilities for Jira via search. The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for JSU - Suite Utilities for Jira. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. JSU - Suite Utilities for Jira begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
To find older JSU - Suite Utilities for Jira versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.