I layered several new features into the plugin quickly and the combinations of how those features might interact grew rapidly.
This release was about taking a step back, adding some comprehensive unit tests, fixing bugs, and creating a customized log file for the plugin.
- fixed an issue where email messages with text/html were being treated as attachments
- worked around a Confluence "feature" where multiple cron jobs get started - one for each time a plugin is deployed
- created a SendEmailToPlugin log file - this should be extremely helpful to improving the quality of the plugin
wrote a series of "Remote Unit Tests" which I'm very pleased with. These do the following all programmatically:
- - defines the test parameteters
- - creates an email and sends it to a server/account
- - triggers Confluence to fire up the plugin's job
- - remotely connects to Confluence
- - asserts that the relevant content was created and is correct
Having unit tests in place is speeding up development 5x as I was testing emails manually before. Thus hopefully stability will improve rapidly.
Still in beta but this release is a big step towards a 1.0 release though most the improvements are internal.