Work Item Essentials
- Jira Software
Essential Kanban metrics for your Jira work items to help improve your workflow
Work Item Essentials configuration
Select the transition to which statuses will trigger recording the Start Date for the work items as well as the statuses that signal the end of work in progress - eg. when is the work item done.
Work item Essentials configuration saved
Once you've selected the statuses you wish and you saved your configuration, Jira will start recording work item start date and work item age when the first of the specified transition happens for a work item.
Work item Essentials query
When you've used your Work Item Essentials for a while you can see the start date and the work item age as recorded in any filter or you can display it on boards.
The Work Item Essentials introduces a couple of fields to your Work Items in Jira.
- Start Date is a field that allows you to setup which transitions can trigger the start of timer which ultimately measures work item age. When one of the configured transitions first occurs the Start Date is set and the timer starts. Once this field is recorded, it can be used to calculate work item age and eventually work item cycle time.
- When Start Date is first set then the Work Item Age field is being calculated and you can use it as an indicator of how "old" your work items are. You can display it on Kanban boards (via editing the card layout) and in reports/queries, etc.
Privacy and security
Work Item Essentials integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Create and edit project settings and create new project-level objects (e.g. versions and components).
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
- View the profile details for the currently logged-in user.
Work item essentials configuration 1