AI Assist for Jira Service Management
- Jira Service Management
🚀🤖 Boost Productivity: Unleash AI in Jira Service Management
🤖 Agent-Powered AI Assist Requests
Unleash AI in your support team! 🚀 Agents can create AI assist requests to access tailored solutions, boosting productivity & customer satisfaction 😄
🎯 Auto Suggest for New Requests
AI to the rescue! 🦸 Enable Auto Suggest to add AI-generated solutions as internal comments for faster request resolutions 🌪️
📊 Project-Specific Metrics
Data-driven success! 🌟 Monitor AI assists, costs, and usage per project for insightful decision-making & continuous improvement 📈
AI Assist for Jira Service Management: Unleash the power of OpenAI's ChatGPT in your Jira Service Management projects! Boost agent productivity & enhance customer support. 🚀
- 🤖 AI Assist request: Provide AI-generated solutions for faster resolutions. Manually request AI assistance or enable automatic AI assistance for new requests
- 🔧 Customizable assistance: Select fields for AI Assist request & add context for tailored AI-generated responses. Combine human expertise & AI capabilities!
- 📊 Metrics Dashboard: Track AI assists, request costs, and more. Make data-driven decisions to elevate your support game.
- 🔄 Seamless Integration: Incorporate AI Assist into your existing Jira Service Management projects without disrupting workflows.
- 🔑 AppsFoundry prioritizes data privacy, security, and customer control by requiring individual OpenAI API keys for our AI Assist for Jira Service Management app. Learn more...
Revolutionize your support team with AI Assist for Jira Service Management! 🥳
Privacy and security
AI Assist for Jira Service Management integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
- Read and write to app storage service
- Create and edit issues in Jira, post comments as the user, create worklogs, and delete issues.