Project Templates for Jira
Create custom project templates! Delegate project creation to non-admins! Predefine & clone issues, project actors/content & more
Jira project creation based on custom templates
Design your own custom project templates based on existing projects or Jira's built-in templates.
Customize the templates to meet your unique requirements.
Give non-admins project creation power
Project template specific 'project creation' permission options:
- Jira admins only (default)
- Jira admins and selected groups
- Any logged in user
Clone & Predefine Project Content/Setting & Issues
Empower Jira admins to customize project template configurations.
Clone or predefine project role assignment, components, versions or even issues to kickstart projects!
💪 Kickstart Jira project creation with custom project templates
- Empower non-admins to create Jira projects based on predefined templates
- Clone & predefine project role assignment, components, versions & issues
- Create basic Kanban/Sprint boards in new projects
🧹 Avoid technical debt
- Reuse Jira shared schemes
- Simplify Jira administration experience with standardized settings
- Intuitive Interface: Everything accessible in one central location and with a familiar Jira look and feel
📈 Admins stay in control
- Project create statistics & history for each template
- Privacy Matters: Admins have control over the information displayed to non-admins
🔒 Secure by design
- Built on Forge: Hosted by Atlassian
- No Data Loss: Your data stays inside your Jira instance
- No personal information stored
- Cloud fortified & Bug bounty
- 24h support response time
- Only company-managed Jira software and Jira work management projects are supported
- Academic & Community License: Free One-Year Subscription
This app offers additional security, reliability, and support through:
- Cloud security participation
- Reliability checks
- 24hr support response time
- and more.
Privacy and security
Project Templates for Jira integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- Create and edit project settings and create new project-level objects (e.g. versions and components).
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
Project Templates for Jira - Templates Overview