Next Decision - Effective Backlog Prioritization for Jira
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Prioritize making only "this or that" decisions between pairs of issues
Start a new decision or join an existing session
The home page of Next Decision lets you start a new decision process or join an existing room where voting takes place if you know the room number.
Select Jira issues that need to be prioritized
The issues can be selected using JQL or by choosing them individually.
Quick voting between pairs of options
In each voting round, the options are paired against each other differently. Every voter chooses what issue should have higher priority.
Next Decision for Jira is the perfect solution to prioritizing Jira issues. Our unique approach with a proprietary algorithm will match issues in pairs, reducing prioritization to a series of "this or that" decisions
Prioritize Agile backlog, feature requests or business decisions. Instead of simple voting, which results in sub-par and biased decisions, our process forces people to make the hard choices to arrive to more robust decisions that the whole team can stand behind.
Whether it's one person or a team, Next Decision for Jira keeps the process fast and interactive:
- Create a new session
- Choose Jira issues to prioritize
- Invite decision-makers to join either the real-time session or a self-paced process
- Everyone makes their choices between pairs of matched issues and submits their votes
- A new round of choices is generated and the voting repeats
- When all the rounds are finished, the sorted list is presented
- Adjust the results if needed and push the sorted list back to Jira (optional)
Privacy and security
Next Decision - Effective Backlog Prioritization for Jira integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Write data to the host application
- Read data from the host application
New option to select between Real-time and self-paced voting modes