DevSensei Auto Merge for Bitbucket
Automatically merges Pull Requests once all checks passed
Automatically Merges Pull Requests
Add "[SHOW]" to the beginning of the PR title, then DevSensei will automatically merge it once all builds are completed successfully, no reviewer requested changes, and no tasks are left open.
Waits for Builds to Succeed
Unlike Bitbucket Cloud's Auto Merge, you do not have to repeatedly check the pull request status to click the merge button. The pull request will be always merged if all merge checks pass.
Decide up front its a Show or Ask Pull Request
Communicate your intent with your team. [SHOW] pull requests do not wait for feedback, while regular pull requests do need your team members feedback.
DevSensei automatically merges pull requests. Decide to auto merge when creating a pull request. Saves your time for more important tasks than rechecking your pull request status if you can merge it. Inspired by Martin Fowlers Ship/Show/Ask blog post.
DevSensei Auto Merge vs Bitbucket Auto Merge:
DevSensei Auto Merge:
- Enables auto merging when creating the pull request.
- Works the same in Bitbucket Standard and Premium.
- Team coordination: Communicates to reviewers the intention to automatically merge a pull request.
Bitbucket Auto Merge:
- Only works on pull requests with builds in progress. You may need keep checking your pull requests status until all reviews and tasks are done.
- Without enforced merge checks (Bitbucket Premium), you will get a confusing warning when trying to use the auto merge feature.
- Does not help with team coordination.
👌🏼 More apps you’ll like:
Privacy and security
DevSensei Auto Merge for Bitbucket integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Ability to see all the user's account information
- Read access to pull requests and collaborate on them
- Access to pull requests, and ability to create, merge and decline them
- Read access to all the repositories the authorizing user has access to