API Key Manager for Jira
Improve Jira Cloud API security with restricted, time-limited API keys
Time-limited API Keys
All keys generated with API Key Manager for Jira Cloud are time-limited by default, allowing you better control of how your instance's data can be accessed.
Don't want to allow a key to manipulate data? No problem, create read-only API keys by only allowing GET requests
Restrict API Keys
You can further restrict what an API Key can do by giving a list of allowable API endpoints.
API Key Manager for Jira Cloud allows you to create time-limited, restricted API key that can be used with your Jira Cloud instance.
Usually, API tokens in Jira Cloud are created by individual users and inherit all the permissions of that user on any instance. API keys created with API Key Manager for Jira Cloud in contrast only apply to one specific Jira instance, are time-limited, can be revoked at any time, and can be explicitly restricted to certain REST endpoints. Use it to create and manage:
- Temporary keys that automatically expire
- Restricted keys for single use-case, such as Issue creation
- Read-only keys
Book a demo today!
Polymetis Apps is funded by Atlassian Ventures.
Privacy and security
API Key Manager for Jira integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- Create and edit project settings and create new project-level objects (e.g. versions and components).
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.