Behaviours - ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud
- Jira Software
Gain Control over Fields, Extend Standard Configurations and Customise how Fields Behave
Boost your Jira field customisation power
Expand the standard field configuration options with additional settings and ‘if-then’ conditions. Define how Jira fields should behave based on project or issue types for better control and an improved user experience.
Set rules that reinforce your business processes
Apply additional field requirements or restrictions to guide users and keep Jira aligned with your work practices. Hide/show fields only to people in a specified role. Automatically assign issues based on priority level.
Add structure using contextual information
Enable teams to create and edit issues more efficiently while including all relevant information. Change field name, add helper text or set pre-filled templates. Configure behaviours on the Create View and Issue View.
⚠️ Important: This is not a standalone app. Behaviours is a feature within ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud and should only be installed when you already have the main app installed. You will not be able to use Behaviours without the main app.
Gain control over fields and expand the standard field configurations with one of the most popular ScriptRunner for Jira features: now also available on cloud. Behaviours delivers a brand new boost to your Jira customisation power, allowing to conditionally change how fields behave when creating or editing an issue, under a specific project or issue type.
- Pre-fill/pre-format a template so users can easily follow it.
- Change name or description that is displayed for a field.
- Hide/show a supported field only to users in a specific role.
- Set field value based on another supported field.
- Create conditions based on issue type.
This app offers additional security, reliability, and support through:
- Cloud security participation
- Reliability checks
- 24hr support response time
- and more.
Privacy and security
Behaviours - ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- Create and edit project settings and create new project-level objects (e.g. versions and components).
- Read the board configuration, features, properties, related projects, filters, and quick filters.
- Read boards and backlogs, and their issues. Read related reports and versions.