Skills for Jira: Competency Management & Kanban Pull System
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Takes over assignments and forecasting and ensures visibility for stakeholders keeping PM and the team focused on high-impact work
Who are the experts?
Who is the SME? Who worked on this component before? Who has experience with this tech? What skill do they lack for their next role? Search or explore the Skill graph to easily find relevant people in the organization.
What should I work on now?
Let your team fetch their next most important task on demand and focus on what they do best. Automation maintains priorities and optimizes delivery, while keeping your process simple, objective and transparent.
Is our project set up for success?
See what happens if tasks are completed in order and delivered by the team on estimate. Review future timeline, anticipated delays and roadblocks and visualize team workload over the course of the simulation period.
Keep track of your skill/knowledge assets in Jira and get:
- Knowledge visibility
- View team members qualified for a task
- Find users by expertise
- Identify users will skill gaps
- Automate skill and expert management via API
- Customize the skill tree at global, project, or field level
- Self-service assignments
- Get the next best task that matches your skill set with 1 click
- Define work queues with fine-grained control over task distribution with JQL, priorities, skill requirements and dependency links
- Control work in progress and transparency
- Forecast project progress and team workload with Simulation
- Predict workload dynamics for a team or individual users
- Predict delivery over the selected period
- Reveal future delays and roadblocks
- Risk Analysis
- Learn which people are bottlenecks for the project
- Know which issues are at risk due to scarce skills
- Quantify skill demand and see how it matches with supply
- Inform risk management decisions as to training, knowledge transfer or documentation
Privacy and security
Skills for Jira: Competency Management & Kanban Pull System integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
- Read and write to app storage service
“Skillset” fields let you configure skill requirements for your tasks, see all experts qualified for the task right on the issue screen or refer to them in automation and workflows.