Skills for Jira: Skill Management & Automated Assignments
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Empower your team with discoverable experts, fair and laser-focused assignments and reduced knowledge risks through skill tracking
Who are the experts?
Who is the SME? Who worked on this component before? Who has experience with this tech? What skill do they lack for their next role? Search or explore the Skill graph to easily find relevant people in the organization
Who can do the job?
Set skill requirements for a task or a support ticket and view the matching experts directly on your issue screen via "Skillset" custom fields. Access the experts in your JQL queries, workflows, or automation.
What should I work on next?
Keep your teams self-reliant and focused on the most important work. Let them pull their next most important task on demand. You control scope, priorities and WIP by defining work queues and task skill requirements
Keep track of your organization's skills and knowledge assets in Jira and get:
- Knowledge visibility
- View team members qualified for each task
- Discover experts by exploring the Skill Graph
- Identify users will skill gaps
- Use API to automate your skill tree and users' expertise management
- Customize your skill tree at global, project, or field level
- Self-service assignments
- Get the next best task that matches your skill set with a click of a button
- Define multiple work queues with fine-grained control of work distribution with JQL, priorities, skill requirements and dependency links
- Limit work in progress
- Hide next task from users to reduce anxiety and avoid personal biases
- Risk Analysis
- Learn which people are bottlenecks for the project
- Know which issues are at risk due to scarce skills
- Quantify which skill sets the project demands and see how they match with supply
- Inform your risk management decisions as to training, knowledge transfer or documentation
Privacy and security
Skills for Jira: Skill Management & Automated Assignments integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
- View the profile details for the currently logged-in user.
Risk Analysis - Scarce skill sets