Skills for Jira: SME Discovery and Skill-based Assignments
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Empower your teams to quickly find the experts they need! Or better yet, focus on the What and Why and leave the Who to automation
Find experts and decision makers
Who is the SME? Who worked on this component before? Who has experience with this technology? Whom do I talk to for a decision on that? Search or explore the Skill graph to easily find relevant people in the organization
Who is qualified for this task?
Set skill requirements for a task or a support ticket and see all qualified experts on your team. Make use of diverse skill sets of every worker in your organization, currently hidden behind their roles and team rooms
1-click self-service assignments
Define work queues and skill requirements and let your team pull the next most important task they are qualified for. You control the scope, priorities and WIP. Build a culture of self-reliance and continuous learning
Include skill requirements into your tasks and support tickets and get:
- Qualified experts
- View team members qualified for each task
- Discover experts by exploring the Skill Graph
- Customize your skill tree at global, project, or Skillset field level, allowing you to model any requirements scenario
- Enforce expert-only transitions in Jira workflows
- Self-service assignments
- Users click a button to get the next best task that matches their skill set
- You are in control of priorities and requirements with multiple work queues, task order, pre-assignments and access controls
- You may choose to hide the queue from the user to reduce anxiety and avoid personal preferences
- Project health insights
- Know which people are bottlenecks for the project
- Know which issues are at risk due to scarce skills
- Quantify which skill sets the project demands and see how they match with supply to inform your planning
- Make timely risk management decisions as to training, knowledge transfer or documentation
Privacy and security
Skills for Jira: SME Discovery and Skill-based Assignments integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
- View the profile details for the currently logged-in user.
Analytics - Skills