Secure Custom Fields - Security & Permission - for Jira
Keep sensitive data safe in secure fields. Set field-level restrictions, hide field values or make them read-only for privacy
Easily add secure fields from custom field config
Jira admins can create secure fields from the fields list, similar to standard custom fields creation. You can configure secure fields with context or associate to screens as usual
Flexible permission settings & data management
Each custom field has a permission setting. Jira administrators configure who can view/edit the field value flexibly.
Manage secure field data with CSV export, CSV import, and Web API.
Secure fields in standard Jira issue view
Protected field is displayed on Jira issue view as read-only or with hidden value. Field data is stored in the Atlassian infrastructure as standard fields and encrypted with AES-256.
Team-managed-projects are supported.
🔒 Extend security permission in Jira with field level configuration - you can control view and edit restrictions on each custom field.
As an admin, you can create secure custom fields the same way you create standard Jira custom fields. Then, easily configure security permissions at field level. The app supports various field types. You can also integrate secure custom fields with Jira Automation
Secure Custom Fields enables you to safely collect and manage Jira issue data with maximum security:
- The app is stored on the Atlassian cloud (powered by Forge) with highest safety requirements
- Field data is encrypted with AES-256 to prevent non-permitted users from accessing them. Encrypted data never leaves Atlassian infrastructure
- Web API to get and edit field values
- CSV import for migrating data from normal Jira fields or other field secure apps for Jira Server/DC
- CSV export to analyze values with spreadsheets
💡 Have questions or feedback for us? Please raise your request here.
This app offers additional security, reliability, and support through:
- Cloud security participation
- Reliability checks
- 24hr support response time
- and more.
Privacy and security
Secure Custom Fields - Security & Permission - for Jira integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- Create and edit project settings and create new project-level objects (e.g. versions and components).
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
Web API to read/write secure field values from other systems such as Jira Automation