Data security for custom fields. Secure field values with permission-based restrictions. Securely store sensitive data in Jira
Secure your custom fields
Easy configurable permission management. Configure permissions for field view and/or edit rights.
Add security to any project
Add your protected field(s) to any project. You can add a single or as many protected fields you like to all your projects. Configure them individually for different security schemes.
Unique security settings per project or for all
Configure your protected fields per project or for the entire custom field context. You can have different security permission schemes for all your fields for view/edit rights.
Protect your field data with Protected Fields!
It lets you configure who can view and edit field data on a Jira Issue.
You can now securely store sensitive data in Jira!
Data is stored on Atlassian servers, we, as a vendor got no access to it.
Supported Protected Field types:
- Single / Multi user
- Select List
- Radio Buttons
Choose between encrypted or un-encrypted at rest.
- Encrypted Field data is securely encrypted with a 256 bit AES algorithm and protected from API, and data export access. Read more on encryption here.
- Un-encrypted Field data is accessible through automation, API, and data exports.
Configure view and/or edit field permissions per project, or for the entire custom field context based on:
- The project lead of the project
- Users / Group custom fields
- Single / Multi User
- Single / Multi Group
- Customer Request Participants
- Project Roles
Migrate existing fields into protected fields!
Learn more on our docs site!
Privacy and security
Protected Fields integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
- View the profile details for the currently logged-in user.