PII Protection for Jira
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Optimize Data Security and Privacy in Jira! Keep your personal data safe
Works with JSM
Automatically checks incoming Service Requests written by your customers
Checks issues automatically
PII Protection automatically checks all issues in your Jira instance in the background
More than a dozen checks are already included with many more to come soon!
🏆 PII Protection for Jira won an Honorable Mentions award in Atlassian Codegeist 2021. 🎉
PII Protection checks every change to string fields (like summary and description) and comments in Jira for sensitive data and alerts admins to any findings. What it checks for is customizable and it currently supports more than a dozen checks, helping admins to find:
- Phone Numbers
- IP Addresses
- Credit Cards
- ZIP Code
- PO Boxes
- User Names
- US Social Security Numbers
... and much more!
All findings are listed in an intuitive UI, so that admins can quickly find any occurences of PII data and jump directly to the corresponding issue.
We have built PII Protection on Atlassian Forge, so we can guarantee that no data ever leaves your Jira instance. Your sensitive information stays secure.
Polymetis Apps is funded by Atlassian Ventures.
Privacy and security
PII Protection for Jira integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- Create and edit project settings and create new project-level objects (e.g. versions and components).
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
A simple listing of every found PII.