PII Protection for Jira
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Security, and Compliance in Jira – automatically check for PII and reduce the risk of data breaches
Checks issues automatically
PII Protection automatically checks all issues in your Jira instance in the background.
Check for credit cards, passwords, SSN, various credentials and much more. Or use a custom regular expression to address your specific compliance requirements.
Get notified and take action immediately
PII Protection supports actions that can be performed as soon as any sensitive data is found. Notify the right people or delete the issue in question directly.
🏆 PII Protection for Jira won an Honorable Mentions award in Atlassian Codegeist 2021. 🎉
PII Protection checks every change to string fields (like summary and description) and comments in Jira for sensitive data and alerts admins to any findings. What it checks for is customizable and it currently supports more than a dozen checks, helping admins to find:
- Phone Numbers
- IP Addresses
- Credit Cards
- ZIP Code
- PO Boxes
- User Names
- US Social Security Numbers (SSN)
... and much more!
All findings are listed in an intuitive UI, so that admins can quickly find any occurences of PII data and jump directly to the corresponding issue.
We have built PII Protection on Atlassian Forge, so we can guarantee that no data ever leaves your Jira instance. Your sensitive information stays secure, read more about this on our website.
This app offers additional security, reliability, and support through:
- Cloud security participation
- Reliability checks
- 24hr support response time
- and more.
Privacy and security
PII Protection for Jira integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Take Jira administration actions (e.g. create projects and custom fields, view workflows, manage issue link types).
- Create and edit project settings and create new project-level objects (e.g. versions and components).
- View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
- Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
A simple listing of every found PII.