- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
Detects issue language and automatically translates issue summary, description and comments into project language
How does it work in Jira Service Management?
Sample Use Case:
Customer raises ticket in Japanese. Customer’s request is automatically translated into English.
Agent replies in English. Agent’s reply is automatically translated into Japanese.
How does it work in Jira Software?
Sample Use Case:
Team Member A creates a bug in Portuguese. Bug is automatically translated into English.
Team Member B solves the bug and comments in Italian. The comment is automatically translated into English.
Service Management Internal Mode
In internal mode, customer sees only translated agent’s replies whereas agent sees both original and the translated messages.
For Jira Service Management projects Issue Translator app,
- automatically detects customer language
- translates customer messages into agent's language (inline: visible to customer inside the customer's message or internal: only visible to agent as internal note)
- translates agent's reply into customer's language (inline: visible to customer inside the agent's reply or internal: only visible to agent as internal note)
For each project, you can specify your agent language. The app automatically detects the customer language and if it is different from the agent language, customer message is automatically translated into the agent language you specified. You can also define the languages that do not need any translation at all.
The app can translate issues in Jira Software projects too. Once you set the default language of a project, issue content(summary, description and comments) entered in a language other than the project language is automatically translated into the project language.
Privacy and security
Issue Translator integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Act on a user's behalf, even when the user is offline
- Administer the host application
- Administer Jira projects
- Delete data from the host application
Service Management Inline Mode