- Jira Service Management
Hide or make read-only field without writing any script or edit field configuration
Create and publish rule without any script
Select custom field and apply multiple rule like project, issue type and status to hide custom field and select user rule like groups, roles and any Jira users
Add rule like projects, issue screen and user rule
Select multiple projects, issue types and status. Choose multiple groups or roles or Jira users. Easily select issue screens like create, edit and view to hide custom fields and then publish rule.
Hide field on create, edit and view issue screens
Custom field will be hide from issue screen based on publish rules
Field Hide App helps to hide or make read-only custom field based on simple rules without writing any script and JIRA configuration
- Hide custom field based on rule.
- Make read-only field based on rule.
- User can add any particular project, issue, and status in a rule.
- Apply groups, roles and any Jira users in rule.
- Apply rule on any issue screens like create, edit and view.
- Hide history of a custom field for published rule
- Skip email notification of custom fields for the published rule
- Hide the custom fields in the column option of gadget and issue navigator for the published rule
- Hide the custom field values in basic search and JQL search
- Hide the custom field updates in Activity Stream gadget.
Privacy and security
Hide history of custom fields for published rule