Jira Cloud Migration Assistant
The best way to move everything you need from Jira Server or Jira Data Center to Jira Cloud
Assess and evaluate your apps
Take inventory of your on-premise apps within one app assessment screen. Develop a cloud app strategy by evaluating cloud app availability, feature parity, and migration paths using the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant.
Choose multiple projects at once
Move projects and migrate users and groups to cloud without overwriting existing data. Continue to sync users whenever needed. The most important data migrates first, so you can start working in cloud immediately.
Get insights into the progress of your migrations
Create, save and run multiple migrations. Take the guessing out of migration thanks to real-time progress tracking that allows you to strategize when to migrate large data sets.
- You’ll need a Jira Cloud site set up before migrating. If you haven’t already, start a free cloud migration trial.
- This app requires that your Jira Server or Data Center instance runs on version 7.6 or above
- Review the server to cloud migration guide for an overview of the migration process.
When to use:
- Migrating Jira Software or Jira Core Server sites to new Jira Software or Jira Core Cloud sites
- Migrating Jira Server or Data Center projects or users and groups to a Jira Cloud site
- Atlassian Support has recommended using it
We’re continuing to invest in the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant and add additional functionality, like the ability to automatically migrate apps. For more information on what we’ve got planned, visit the migration tooling section of the Atlassian Cloud Roadmap.
Privacy and security
Review your migration