WSJF for Jira - Calculation and Sorting
Enterprise-grade solution for automating Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF) calculation and issue sorting
Automatic WSJF calculation
The WSJF plugin automatically re-calculates the WSJF value on changes in the input terms - Business Value, Time Criticality, Risk Reduction / Opportunity Enablement, or Job Size.
Easy sorting of issues by WSJF
Expedites issue prioritization by automating the sorting of issues by WSJF. Saves users from having to sort issues using drag-and-drop manually. Sorting can be scoped to board, backlog, active and future sprints
Stories and other issues can be configured to inherit the WSJF value from their parent epic. Useful in cases when standalone epics as well as individually delivered, stories carry cost-of-delay.
Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF) is a prioritization algorithm for sequencing work that has been widely embraced by the lean community. The model is a cornerstone of SAFe and is applied by organizations of all sizes. WSJF is based on the concept of Cost of Delay, which product development guru Don Reinertsen argues is the "one thing" product developers need to quantify.
Automated WSJF calculation:
- WSJF value updated immediately on changes in input terms
- Stories inherit WSJF from epics, if configured
- Use any custom field for WSJF inputs
- No scripting or coding required
Automated issue prioritization:
- Fast and easy sorting of issues by WSJF
- Sorting can be scoped to board, backlog, active or future sprints
- No loss of drag-and-drop functionality
- Direct access on scrum or Kanban boards
- Developed by SAFe experts
- Used by MNCs
- GDPR compliant
Resources to help you and your team get started.
Need help with issue sorting only? Check out Sort-by-any-Field Plugin for Jira
Privacy and security
WSJF for Jira - Calculation and Sorting integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Act on a user's behalf, even when the user is offline
- Administer the host application
- Administer Jira projects
- Delete data from the host application