GitLab for Jira Cloud
View GitLab activity from Jira Cloud
Do more with less
Simplify your software development toolchain!
Product managers don't have to leave Jira to see how Jira issues are getting resolved from GitLab.
Simplify processes without compromising speed.
Project managers gain more visibility and traceability into who is working on what across different systems, from a single view.
Better software faster
Accelerate the software delivery process to meet business objectives.
Engineers can take action on Jira issues without leaving their development workflow, thereby increasing throughput.
GitLab for Jira is now available for all GitLab.com customers. GitLab.com Silver and above is no longer required.
GitLab for Jira requires:
- Using GitLab.com or a self-managed GitLab instance.
- Atlassian Cloud.
How it works:
When an ID of a Jira issue is mentioned in GitLab, in a commit, branch, and or merge request, that activity will be visible in the Development panel in the mentioned Jira issue.
Additionally, if the Jira integration is enabled for a project on GitLab, engineers can use specific commands in commit messages to:
- Close Jira issues from GitLab
- Add a comments to Jira issue from GitLab
- Transition Jira workflow states (e.g. from “In progress” to “Done”)
- View a list of read-only Jira issues in GitLab
Need more help?
Learn more about how to set up Jira for GitLab or watch Configure GitLab Jira Integration using Marketplace App on YouTube for a walkthrough.
Privacy and security
GitLab for Jira Cloud integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Delete data from the host application
- Write data to the host application
- Read data from the host application