- Jira Service Management
- Jira Software
In-App notifications about changes in the issue with comment or messages from the administrators in the browser on the Jira page
Users receive notifications
Users receive notifications when they are on the Jira page
Manage notifications and subscriptions.
Each user enables or disables notifications. Users can set up subscriptions for changes in tasks or changes in JQL result.
User notifications from the administrator
Administrator notifications are sent to all specified users regardless of their settings. The administrator can send messages to users with any HTML
Notifications for users about changes in issues. Each user turns on or off the display of notifications! Notifications are displayed in the browser on the active Jira page. Admins can send users any notifications with any HTML.
- Notifications are automatically sent to as specified in the project notification scheme setting.
- Subscribing to issue changes or tracking changes in JQL results.
- Each user can enable or disable automatic notifications for themselves.
- Administrators can send personal notifications to a user, a list of users, or groups.
- Admin can send a message that closes only after clicking
- Java public api for your plugins and scripts
- REST for send notifications
- Save admin notifications
- Displaying messages on the Service Desk portal
- JQL and event filters for each user
Privacy and security
Response from notifications