Hierarchical Calculated Field (HCF)
Calculate values that are derived from fields in issue hierarchy
Configure HCF project- and issuetype-specific
Configure your HCF field and sum up values from multiple numeric fields. Define the hierarchy level by selecting "Reference Issues". Include or exclude values from the parent issue at the highest level.
Show project-specific configuration in HCF panel
Once the HCF Field is visible in an issue page, the user can see the project-specific configuration of that field in HCF Configuration panel
Doing bottom-up estimation
Estimate issues and their sub-tasks by entering values for referenced custom fields which jointly build the "Hierarchical Calculated Field". Your velocity will be measured against the Hierarchical Calculated Field.
- This app enables you to create the new custom field type "Hierarchical Calculated Field".
- HCF provides the possibility to sum up values from other referenced fields and roll up the result from the lowest hierarchy level (Sub-task) to the highest hierarchy level (Epic).
- You can define the deep of the hierarchy levels by choosing the "Reference Issues". This could be sub-tasks → parent-task, sub-tasks → linked-issues→ parent-task, sub-task → issues in epic → epic or sub-tasks → stories in epic → epic.
- Including sub-tasks in 3 level hierarchies is optional.
- Different statistics, for example sum, average, maximum or minimum are available to evaluate the value of all HCF in your hierarchy tree.
- Use this app to make a bottom-up estimation for the project schedule. Make accurate estimates at a detailed level and put the sum of these estimates to the story or epic.
Privacy and security
The chosen Reference Issues defines the deep of the hierarchy levels. This could be sub-tasks → parent-task, sub-tasks → linked-issues→ parent-task, sub-task → issues in epic → epic or sub-tasks → stories in epic → epic.