As we continue to move towards a cloud future together, new server app sales and installs are no longer available for customers. You can update app version via Atlassian Marketplace until the end of support for server on Feb 15, 2024. Learn more
Share and manage your passwords securely – seamlessly integrated in Jira
Securely store passwords in Sesam
Passwords are organised in groups and will be stored safely with AES encryption.
Already existing permission information (JIRA roles) can be reused to manage the access control in SESAM.
Create and restore snapshots
Snapshots of the current password information can be created any time and are stored (of course encrypted) on the server.
SESAM offers the following features:
- All passwords are stored encrypted on the server side using the AES-CBC algorithm.
- Even if there is a data leak and an attacker has access to the database, the passwords can not be accessed in plain.
- Double encryption provides a secure way for legitimate users to access the plain text passwords. This is achieved by applying a key derivation function using a user specific master password.
- A user specific private space enables users to securely store their own passwords.
- Using the permission system, access to passwords can be restricted to specific Jira users and groups.
- Passwords are managed in a central place. Everyone who has access can contribute.
- Passwords can easily be shared, not only within the company, but also with third party entities.
- Since passwords are stored in a central place, periodically renewing passwords can easily be achieved.
- Easy-to-use backup and restore feature to make sure passwords never get lost
Privacy and security