In case the corresponding option is enabled in settings the merge is allowed in case previous merge commit build is successful and there is no update (new commits) of PR source branch head since the previous merge commit successful build.
That would be a useful option in a busy code base when you can spend a lot of time waiting for the shadow merge builds.
- on the individual pull requests the whole string of “Merge Check” is linked to the result view of build on CI server
- there are three different scenarios distinguished with the color of question mark icon and relevant tooltip:
- “we’ve never done a merge build”
- “the last merge build passed but is obsolete”
- “the last merge build failed but is obsolete”