Code Owners for Bitbucket
Improve Pull Request reviews with advanced Code Owners: auto-assign reviewers, enforce reviews and auto-merge
Adds relevant reviewers automatically
Adds Code Owners as reviewers to new pull requests, but still gives the author flexibility to adapt, e.g. for work-in-progress pull requests. Use Code Owners groups for easier maintenance.
Simple, versioned, rule based config in plain text
To assign Code Owners for a specific code area, put a file called CODEOWNERS in your repository with file patterns similar to .gitignore.
Prevent merges without reviews by Owners
Merge checks based on pull request approvals by Code Owners. Minimal required approvals defined for all Code Owners of a PR, or for each Code Owners group separately.
Code reviews are valuable to share know-how and prevent bugs in successful projects. But finding the right reviewers can be a hassle without Code Owners, engineers who:
- are experts in a specific code area
- can give valuable feedback to other team members
- are interested that the code quality stays great
This app allows to:
- configure which groups or devs are Code Owners for each code area
- automatically assign reviewers based on Code Owners
- enforce approvals by Code Owners (Optional)
Simple, file-based & low-maintenance configuration:
- CODEOWNERS file with pattern matching based on file names, similar to .gitignore
- ready to be versioned eg. for auditing
👀 Interested? Book a demo 🖥️
✨ Want to try it out first? Access the interactive playground to test Code Owner rules.
👮♂️ Check out how Code Owners helps with compliance
ℹ️ Find out more in our Atlassian community article
👌🏼 More Bitbucket apps you’ll like:
Privacy and security
Code Owners for Bitbucket integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- Ability to see all the user's account information
- Read access to pull requests and collaborate on them
- Access to pull requests, and ability to create, merge and decline them
- Read access to all the repositories the authorizing user has access to