- Jira Service Management
Lightweight custom field to track issue testing status per fix version
Test Status Field main view on issue view screen
- Fix Versions (as a subject to test) are displayed in Test Status table
- result of testing may manually get 'Status' and linked with 'Related issues' auto set with the 'Author' and 'Updated' timestamp
JQL Functions for searching issues by Test Status
There are abstract JQL functions like 'testStatusInVersions' or 'testedInAllVersions' to search against any status name as well as the functions with predefined Test Status meaning for easy query like 'passedInVersion'
Test Status Report
Dedicated report is provided within the regular Report tab of Jira project which is responsible to generate the common overview of the testing status across all issue by the given Fix Version (as a report parameter)
The custom field provides the lightweight solution for the testing management over the set of issues in one or several trackers being released under different Fix Versions.
It provides the most important functions:
- main operational view on issue view screen where the testing status could be set against each Fix Version
- set of JQL functions to make filters to find out which issues in which versions have any particular testing status
- regular Test Status Report by given single Fix Version to get the common picture of testing status for all issue under that version
- there are couple workflow conditions to allow control of particular transitions depends on the testing status for all or just single Fix Version
That is just a small functional part of such a solid Test Managements frameworks like Zephyr or XRAY but it gives the basics which could be used to build your own custom and light test management process.
Privacy and security
Details on the format, parameters and usages of the whole set of JQL functions