Smart Questions and Answers
The flexible way to build a questions and answers based community forum
A Smart Questions and Answers topic page
A topic page (for example "Quality management questions") holds the Smart QA questions overview macro. It allows to ask new questions and search, filter and sort existing questions in that topic.
A question and its answers
Each question is based on a normal Confluence page. The answer section allows you to give answers or comments to answers, vote on answers and accept an answer.
Re-use Confluence content easily
The answer editor allows you to re-use existing Confluence content easily: link to pages or attachments, show images etc.
Smart Questions and Answers brings questions and answers functionality to Confluence Cloud. It is based on existing Confluence features: child-pages under a "topic"-page serve as questions. Highlights:
- Define as many topics as you like
- As topics and questions are pages you can limit the access with native Confluence means
- Keep using all your macros in questions
- Use your own templates for questions
- Vote on answers
- Define additional content managers (content managers can approve answers in addition to the question creator and delete answers)
- Search, filter and sort the questions on your topic page
- Questions and answers are findable with the search
- Define groups allowed to answer or respond per topic
- Get notifications on news questions and answers via email, Slack, Microsoft Teams or Google Chat.
- Show statistic and user ranking (optional)
- Create hierarchical topic trees
- OpenAI support for answers
You are missing a feature? Just let us know.
Privacy and security
We've introduced detailed information on privacy, security, data handling, and compliance practices followed by this app.
Smart Questions and Answers integrates with your Atlassian product. This remote service can:
- View email addresses of users
- Act on a user's behalf, even when the user is offline
- Delete data from the host application
- Write data to the host application
You have multiple configuration options per topic